Thursday, January 8, 2009

Changes

So, we are hoping to close on our condo/townhome on Tuesday. This has been quite the process for us since we have had an offer on the place since July. It was a "short sale," which is apparently defined as a really long sale. We are very excited, but the thought of all the work that will be coming up in the next few weeks with painting, moving, working full time, and taking care of a 14 month old just makes me exhausted thinking about it. We are buying a place in the same complex that we live in right now, so the move is essentially down the street, but it is still a lot of work. We will post pictures as soon as we get our keys :)

Also, we felt another earthquake tonight. It was centered about an hour and a half from here, but we could feel it nonetheless. The California sunshine and beaches really entice you to move here, but when you feel the ground shake beneath your feet, it kind of makes you want to move back to blizzard-country :) However, Matt thinks earthquakes are exciting. Nala and I disagree, but I am not sure what Mariah thinks about them as she really doesn't seem to notice. This is the 4th earthquake that I have felt since moving to San Diego in June of 2007. When we lived in L.A. for 2 years, I didn't feel a single earthquake. All in all, earthquakes are not my favorite thing and instantly raise my blood pressure.

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Congrats on the house! I'm sure you are so excited to finally be an owner!

One plus to "blizzard-country" = SNOWDAYS!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Congrats on being homeowners - so exciting! :) it's so nice to have a place that you own! Yea for you guys!

Earthquakes would freak me out, too!